On occasion of 10th year Anniversary of Nepalese Association of Northern Territory Inc. (NANT), is calling for nominations from the Nepalese communities for NANT Excellence Awards 2018 in following categories. The award criteria are given against each category for consideration by the nominator. Award nomination criteria and the nomination application form are available online from NANT-Award-Nomination-Form2018 – Final
Please contact NANT Team if you cannot access the application form or need additional information.
Category 1: Sports& Academic Achievement
This Award is relevant to those who have achieved excellence or received merit recognition the outstanding results in their area of Sports & academic.
Followings can be nominated for this category but not limited to:
- Any individual or organisation from Nepali community with excellent and/or recognized contribution in academic development
- Any individual and organisation from Nepali community with excellent and/or recognized performance in sports field
- Any individual from Nepali community with excellent and/or recognized achievement in vocational education which impacted community as well
- Any individual from Nepali community at school, college or university level achieving excellent results which impacted community as well
- Any other type of admirable achievements by members of Nepali community as a professional, an academics or student as deemed true for this category by the Award Committee
Category 2: Business, Innovation, Initiative & Leadership
This Award is relevant to those who have excelled in Innovating, initiating or leading the common or special interests of Nepali community or running the business to promote Nepali culture, language, food, fashion but not limited to;
The recipient of this Award can be as followings:
- Any person, group of people or organization initiating any landmark trends which have benefited the interest or position of Nepali Community in the NT
- Any person, group of people or organization achieving superb outcome by providing leadership to serve the specific or general interest of Nepali Community in the NT
- Anyone who have performed outstandingly to lead the economic wide-ranging development of Nepal as being a member of Nepali community in Australia
- Anyone who have been acknowledged as suitable by the Award Committee to receive this Award category
- Any other type of contribution for Nepali language and culture or any individual task to reflect character or to representation of Nepal or Nepali as deemed true for this category by the Award Committee
Category 3: Media, Publication & Technology.
This Award is relevant to those who as an individual person, a group of people or an organization have contributed for benefit of Nepali community (or for language and/or culture of Nepal through media, publication and advocacy significantly, but limited to;
The recipient of this Award can be as followings:
- Reporting or publishing Nepali media leading to serve Nepali interests (develop Nepali Language and Culture)
- Contribution to Nepali literature through authoring, producing, publishing or distributing Nepali books, films or documentaries
- Any professionals from Nepali community with excellent and/or recognized performance in developing technology
- Any person, group of people or organization being able to achieve exceptional result in protecting or attaining concerns of Nepali community by advocating.
- Any other type of contribution for the benefit of Nepali community as deemed true for this category by the Award Committee
Category 4: Community Service
This Award is relevant to those who as an individual person, a group of people or an organization have significantly contributed in community service area. The awardee for this category can be anyone from the broader public community members and non-member in the Northern Territory (NT) who have served Nepali community in the NT as well as in Nepal.
Followings can be further areas for nomination under this category but not limited to;
- Any professionals from Nepali community or non-community member with excellent and/or recognized performance in serving local community
- Exceptional service for safety, health and wellbeing of Nepali community in the NT
- Remarkable community service that benefit Nepali community in the NT.
- Any other type of commendable community services by friends of Nepali community in the NT
- Any significant contribution for improving the livelihood, education, health, language, culture, arts or promoting any character of Nepal with in Nepali people as a whole
Category 5: Young Achiever Award (Male and Female)
This Award is relevant to those who have achieved significantly in any filed to their age (who are not older than 18 Years by 31.12.2017) of age when they achieve the excellence.
Followings can be nominated for this category:
- May be nominated by either an individual or an organisation and attainments must be capable of substantiation.
- Demonstrated significant achievement/ improvement in any field, for example: academic, sports, the arts, environmental protection, social work, human rights advocate, research, business etc.
- Outstanding contribution to the community through leadership or service, requiring personal initiative and effort.
HOW TO LODGE A NOMINATION?
- Nominate a person/group/organisation:
- Complete the nomination form available from NANT-Award-Nomination-Form2018 – Final
- Attached any supporting documents
- Email to NANT Award Committee to email@example.com the completed form.
NANT Award Committee 2018
NANT has set up Award Committee with three-member panel that has full independence on recommending nominee based on information provided in nomination form and weighted against each nominee while considering the effect of their contribution in community and its impact, success of achievement, coverage within community member.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
The recipients of NANT Excellence Award will be awarded on the occasion of NANT’s 10th Anniversary 2018 held on Saturday, 14 April 2018 at Darwin Waterfront.
NANT will have final decision on recommended nominee.
Namaste and looking forward to your active participation!